Top 5 Kitchen Cabinet Door Styles
Choosing your kitchen cabinet doors can be an intimidating task. Cabinet manufacturers now offer a vast array of styles and finishes, and they many are beautiful. Your final decision comes down to what look you want to achieve in your kitchen. Depending on the door style you choose, your kitchen may appear country and casual, sleek and modern, or formal and elegant.
Kitchen Cabinet Doors
Kitchen cabinet doors come in many different styles. The 5 most popular are:
- Raised panel. Raised panel doors have the center of the door even with the outer door frame. There is usually a recessed design outlining the center panel. The design may be rectangular, or have an arch or cathedral top.
- Recessed panel. In this style the center panel is recessed from the outer frame of the door. The edge of the recess may have a decorative edge.
- Solid slab. This style has a smooth door with no raised or recessed panels.
- Frame and panel. This door usually has a raised outer door frame and several recessed panels making up the center of the door.
- Glass and mullion. You may choose this style for all of your cabinet doors, or just a few to accent certain cabinets. The door will be glass with wood dividers creating a design.
Kitchen Cabinet Door Finishes
Kitchen cabinet doors also come in many different finishes. You may be able to get your doors in:
Visit a kitchen design or home improvement store to see your available choices in kitchen cabinet doors. Many cabinet companies have sample door panels that you can take home to see how that style and finish will look in your kitchen. It is also a good idea to use the sample door panel you decide on to coordinate other colors you may be changing in your kitchen.
Additional Kitchen Cabinets Reading