Stock Kitchen Cabinets
In the past, stock cabinets were nothing to get excited about. It was once true that by choosing stock cabinets for your home you were getting the bare minimum. Things have changed in recent times as cabinet designers recognize that your kitchen cabinets represent a fashion statement. Prices still remain tailored to those that are watching their budget, yet stock manufacturers are now offering lavish options that were one only available to custom cabinetry.
What Will You Find In Stock Cabinetry?
- Dovetail drawers and full-access undermount glides
- Matching interiors for open or glass door cabinets
- Reduced and increased cabinet depths
- A plywood side option
- Various specialty finishes
What Should You Know About Stock Kitchen Cabinetry?
Stock cabinets are assembled prior to purchase. The main thing that distinguishes stock cabinets from semi-stock or custom is that the manufacturer is not building to your unique specifications. For this reason, there is a limited range of wood species, door styles and finishes. Also, all sizes must meet industry standards.
Stock cabinetry widths:
- Starts at 9 inches
- Increases in 3” increments
- Largest standard size is 48”
- Half sizes are available (13.5”, 19.5”)
- Filler strips are available to close any gaps.
To accommodate to the limited wood species, door styles and finish selections, manufacturers select the most popular woods, styles and finishes. Choosing the most popular trends means that stock cabinets are not longer consider outdated. Another incentive to stock cabinets comes in the form of a warranty that can be extended or transferred to the end-user.
Additional Facts About Stock Kitchen Cabinets
There are a few additional points to take into consideration regarding stock kitchen cabinets.
- Before purchase, be sure that repair materials can be easily obtained.
- Cabinets are available within one week of being ordered.
- Stock cabinets are low in cost.
- Space is sometimes wasted due to fillers.
- Limited number of sizes, styles, woods, and finishes.
Looking For More Information About Kitchen Cabinets?
Kitchen cabinets are a great investment in your home. You'll want to make sure you are choosing the right cabinets contractor for your new house and your budget. We offer Free Cabinet Price Quotes from local, top quality contractors.
Additional Kitchen Cabinets Reading