Kitchen Storage Accessories
When it comes to the kitchen, there is no such thing as too much storage. Thankfully, designers have created some unique solutions for most of the difficult storage problems. Below are some of the most useful solutions available for you to review and consider for your own kitchen.
- Retrofitted drawers: Retrofitted drawers are available at home centers or custom-made. They are fairly inexpensive and highly useful. They are designed to be space-saving and versatile storage solutions. They work great for both small parts and components and more bulky items. The drawers roll out smoothly and quietly, making it easy to get to items stored in the back of a cabinet.
- Drawer organizers: Drawer organizers are available in simple dividers, trays, and formed sections, to multi-level compartmentalized junk drawer solutions. Drawer organizers are helpful for arranging all the items used in a kitchen, from cups, silverware and dishes to pots and pans and cans of food.
- Adding Drawers: Consider replacing some lower cabinets with new drawers. With drawers, you can still utilize the full depth of a cabinet, but you can also take advantage of a drawer’s wonderful organizing capabilities and easy access. Drawers can store everything from pots and to dishes, cereal, canned goods, baking pans, and even small appliances.
- Fitted Sinks: Fitted sinks are a wonderful addition to your kitchen and with today’s specialized designs they can make your sink experience much more enjoyable. They are available with divided sinks, strainer baskets, garbage disposal pockets, and other useful designs. Fitted sinks can accommodate both modern and traditional styles and are available in several materials.
- Roll-out Trash Trolleys: The trash basket is probably one of the most commonly used items in the kitchen, aside from the refrigerator. Having to dig into a cupboard to find the trash can be very frustrating at times, especially when it comes time to change the overflowing trash bag. By installing a roll-out trash trolley, the trash basket will meet you every time you open up the cupboard. It is a much enjoyed convenience.
- Kitchen Island: An island not only looks beautiful and brings a striking focal point to your kitchen, but it also adds storage space and room to work. The kitchen island can be as simple as a table with open legs or a multi-level addition to your kitchen custom-made to your specific needs.
- Wire Storage Accessory Items: Wire storage items can fit just about anywhere and serve to be very useful. They are available in a number of styles and can be fitted on the back of a pantry door, under a shelf or inside a cupboard door. They store everything from canned goods, vegetables, platters, towels, foils and wraps, and more.
- Tilt-Out Sink Trays: Tilt-out sink trays can be easily installed in most existing cabinetry. They contain special plastic bins that secretly hold sponges, scouring pads, and other cleaning equipment that you may need handy by your sink.
- Appliance Garage: If your kitchen cabinets do not already have a garage installed, they can be found by contacting the manufacturer of your brand of kitchen cabinets. Garages are typically placed in the corners or along a straight length of countertop. The entire height of your cabinetry is filled with most garages. Many enjoy adding an electrical outlet inside the garage so that appliances can be kept plugged in and ready to use.
- Open Basket Shelves: This is a simple design that includes sturdy baskets for storage installed in your open cabinets. It is a great place to store vegetables, cereal, or other oddly shaped items that make their home within the kitchen. Open baskets also add visual depth and interest to your cabinets.
- Chrome Rails and Pot Racks: These unique accessories are now being used to hang kitchen utensils, baskets and bins for condiments and oils. Pot racks hang from the ceiling or on a wall and you can hang pots and pans from the racks using S-hooks.
Looking For More Information About Kitchen Cabinets?
Kitchen cabinets are a great investment in your home. You'll want to make sure you are choosing the right cabinets contractor for your new house and your budget. We offer Free Cabinet Price Quotes from local, top quality contractors.
Additional Kitchen Cabinets Reading